The WSR app converts your iOS device into a practical remote control for your digital wireless ew D1. Individual or multiple devices can be configured, managed and monitored.
For ew D1
Practical and truly convenient: For music and stage-based work, the WSR app can configure, organize and monitor every details of all ew D1 radio links.
For SpeechLine DW
SpeechLine Digital Wireless is the professional solution for speakers, lecturers and presenters: The WSR app enables you to keep track of all radio links remotely.
Keeping track of things easily
Keep track of important functions like battery status, sound levels and signal strength at all times with the WSR app. The iPad version even enables you to readjust stage setup including user photos, or arrangement in the 19-inch rack via drag-and-drop. All it takes is a few flicks with your finger to change the settings of one radio link or entire groups.
Full access to all settings
Position all receivers in the ideal location – and control them from where you can work best, whether it be at the mixing console, in the production office, or in front of the stage. The WSR app enables full access to all settings. Equalizers, de-essers, automatic level controls, and output signals can all be adjusted for the ew D1. SpeechLine DW users can optimize the sound for male or female voices, create profiles, or switch the low cut on/off.
Little finger. Big effect.
Setting up multiple radio links? Piece of cake. All or selected radio links can be configured as a group via convenient multiple selection, or updated with pre-defined parameters.
Playing it safe
Simply hold the iOS device, and check the signal strength on the podium or stage. Walktest mode will display the transmission quality in real time.
Update first, then enjoy
The WSR app requires the latest firmware version on ew D1 and SpeechLine DW systems. Upon start-up, it automatically detects devices with older firmware, and offers an update (Internet access required).
The WSR app converts your iOS device into a practical remote control for your digital wireless ew D1 and SpeechLine DW system.
In which GHz band should the router operate?
- The router should preferably operate in the 5 GHz band
- If the router operates in the 2.4 GHz band, possible sources of interference such as WiFi or Bluetooth should be switched off.
On which iOS devices does the WSR app work?
- iPhone® 5+ / iPad® 2+ / iPad Air®
From which iOS version onwards does the WSR app work?
On which Android devices does the WSR app work?
- The WSR app is currently not available for Android devices!
With which devices is the WSR app compatible?
- The WSR app has been specially developed for ew D1 and SpeechLine DW devices.
How does the WSR app differentiate between ew D1 and SpeechLine DW devices?
- SpeechLine DW menus have silver strips/bands and adjustable settings such as Sound Profile (male, female, customized) or Low Cut
- Ew D1 menus have black strips/bands and adjustable settings such as Equalizer (presets or customized), De-Esser, Automatic Gain Control, Audio Output or Low Cut
How many devices can be managed simultaneously using the WSR app?
- Ew D1 series: up to 15 devices
- SpeechLine DW series: up to 21 devices
The WSR app does not detect the ew D1 or SpeechLine DW devices – what can I do?
- Check the power supply and the cable connections (Ethernet).
- Check the network setup (see also: “How do I set up my network?”)
- Check the firewall settings of your router
The WSR app detects my ew D1 / SpeechLine DW device but does not connect to it – what can I do?
- The WSR app can only be used with devices that are running the latest firmware. If Internet access is available, you can update the firmware via the WSR app. (See also: “How do I update my ew D1 or SpeechLine DW devices?”)
What is the Multiselect function and how do I use it?
- This function facilitates the simultaneous configuration of multiple devices.
- Ipad: The Multiselect function allows you to adjust audio settings for several devices simultaneously. (Please note that the Multiselect function does NOT work when ew D1 & SL DW devices are mixed together in a system).
- Iphone: “Apply to all” function: One setting is applied to all other devices. Device selection is NOT possible.
- All default values are displayed in orange when settings differ among devices,
values are displayed in white when settings are identical on all devices.
Do I lose my WSR app settings if the app is switched off?
- No, all settings are retained and are applied to and stored in the receiver settings.
How do I update my ew D1 or SpeechLine DW devices?
- The devices can be updated via the WSR app. To do so, select a device and check the availability of an update via the “Device” menu item. If an update is available, you will be asked to download it.
Is there a parent/child available?
- No, there is no parent/child available. However, the last change made to a parameter becomes effective.
- It is recommended to protect the wireless network with a password / to limit access to the wireless network.
How do I set up my network?
- Step 1 (Network settings):
The mDNS function allows to automatically detect and display devices on your network.
SpeechLine DW: mDNS has to be enabled on the SpeechLine DW receiver (Network Settings menu item “mDNS”) so that the WSR app can detect the device and communicate with it.
ew D1: mDNS is enabled by default
- Step 2 (IP setup):
Usually, DHCP is used in networks to automatically assign IP addresses. If DHCP is used, no further configuration is required.
If DHCP is not available or if you have complex networks, please contact your network administrator who will configure the network including IP assignments.
- Step 3 (Device setup):
Receiver, router and WSR app device have to be in the same network. The receiver and the router have to be connected to each other via Ethernet cable, the WSR app device has to be connected to the router via WiFi.
The WSR app automatically detects devices on the network and lists them.